New Year’s Resolutions for You & Your Boat in 2021
- The team at L&H Boats, Inc. would like to wish all of our customers the Happiest of Holidays and a very Happy New Year full of Health, Prosperity & Joy.
1. Learn a New Skill.
- One of the greatest things about boating is that you will never get to a point where you know everything. You can always learn something new, no matter how much experience you may have. Make it a point to broaden your wheelhouse - whether it's a new knot to master, or something more technical, we promise it will be worth it.
2. Make Some Upgrades.
- Upgrades, monumental, intermediate or small, help you run your boat a lot smoother and most likely safer too. Make a list of equipment that needs some extra love and get to it. Remember, “There’s nothing to it, but to do it!”.
3. Get to Know Your Electronics Better.
- When it comes to electronics, there are constant updates and upgrades being made. Take some time to get to know your electronics better, because knowledge is power. Not only will it help you run your vessel smoother and keep you safe, but it could also save you time and money.
4. Cast off More.
- This one is so simple. Do what you love more often, and what is it you love to do? BOATING! So get out there, and get out there more often.
5. Visit a New Harbor.
- With over 12,000 marinas in the good ‘ol USA to choose from, there’s plenty of opportunity to get out on the water and do whatever you like. Everything from snorkeling and deep sea diving, to just sunning on the deck of your boat.
6. Get Licensed.
- Getting your captain's license is a great way to feel confident on the water. You'll likely learn so much and be able to use those new skills every time you untie from the docks. If you're not looking to get licensed, there are still plenty of boating related courses out there to boost your skill set.
7. Document your Travels.
- As boaters, we’re lucky enough to explore some of the most beautiful places in the world! Whether you prefer to write it down in a journal, or post about it with liked-mind people, saving these memories is a treasure you’ll never regret.
8. Ramp up Your Navigation Skills.
- If you have to keep reminding yourself, "red right returning" then it's probably time to brush up on your navigation skills. From classic chart plotting to plotting a course on your GPS, proper navigation techniques are essential when playing on the water. Bonus points for those of you willing to take on the advanced challenge of celestial navigation! .
9. Get Closer to Nature.
- Here at L&H Boats, Inc., we truly believe that people are happier and healthier when they're spending time in nature. So make a point to untie the lines, breathe in the fresh air, and soak in the sun more often this year, because you deserve it.
10. Introduce a Non-Boater to the Wonders of Boating.
- This one is our favorite because sharing is caring, boaters. Spread your love of the water with friends and family members who might not otherwise have the opportunity to get out there. Sunset cruises, floating down the river, fishing on the lake, a sail around the island, whatever form it takes, pay it forward.